I have always been a fan of the FIFA World Cup and every four years I try to learn as much of the game and then I forget the players the rules .
Over the last 3 decades (that is when I may have started watching the game) - there have been countless star players .
Everytime we watch a fifa game we are witnessing something of importance, something historic.
I have always has my emotions drawn to Germany but this time Lionel Messi has hit me different . Undoubtedly he is gods gift to humanity just like Maradona but there should be no comparisons drawn.
You should not compare Messi and Ronaldo either because they stars by their own right .
This little boy who accidentally came to touch a football at the baby age of 4 has gone on to become footballs biggest icons. He is human and he is divine. There almost seems like a divine intervention when he is foot touches the ball.
His team mates and country love him like none other. I am amazed by the awe and admiration and sometimes watching him play gives me goosebumps. I often wonder what is going on in that man’s head.
And Argentina did lose the cup , the stats say so and Spain was better side. That being said we just witnessed the greatest player of his time. He loved the game and he played for his country and his clubs and everytime he left a piece of him with the millions of fans over the world . Thank you for bringing us the joy of watching you .
Comments
Post a Comment